Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Updates

Well it is a few weeks into the summer and as much as I enjoy driving a tractor for work and fishing almost every afternoon or evening I do miss Dirty Durham. What can I say? I love UNH. I must say it is nice actually having some money and I already have a dead sexy farmer’s tan… but I can’t wait to move into the Gables in the fall. Shit show 24/7. I mean my parent’s new house is pretty sick so I am far from roughing it, but let’s just say I have a little more freedom at school.  I’m working in a tree nursery this summer and it is a pretty sweet job, basically I drive a tractor, water, weed-whack and dig holes all day. It beats working at Stop and Shop or the mini-golf course I used to slave at over near Hampton Beach (can you say worst job ever? Dealing with tourists is miserable.)

UNH men’s hockey released their schedule for the upcoming season and I can’t wait for the games to start. The start off with two at Miami-Ohio, who beat and tied us last year at the Whit. Then we host Michigan, who has always been one of my favorite athletic colleges. It should be a great match-up featuring the two schools who have the longest active run of consecutive NCAA tournament appearances. UNH also faces Cornell who they split two games with last season, UNH’s win came in the opening round of the NCAAs. UNH also hosts Maine twice at the Whit, which is awesome because usually one of those games is played at the Verizon Center in Manchester.

Right now I am working on a "Surviving UNH" guide, which will be directed mostly towards incoming and freshman students. It will be a work-in-progress and probably become its own page at the top of the blog. (Where you can click About Us, Disclaimer, etc...) I'm hoping to cover many different aspects of life at UNH and it is a combination of old and new stuff. It is already three pages single-spaced and I have many more things to cover. Once it is added I am hoping to get some feedback and tips to make it better and more accurate.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Stay classy, not UMassy.

3 comments:

  1. The couple summers I returned home during college were sooo hard....couldn't wait to go back to school in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Surviving UNH guide sounds awesome....great for the newbies.

    ReplyDelete