Monday, August 30, 2010

And we're off!

Words can't describe how good it feels to be back on campus. The freedom of a college campus really can't be beat. Except of course if you're dealing with the campus police. It is probably just because it was move in weekend but I don't think I've gone three minutes without seeing a cop on this campus. As soon as one is out of sight, there is another around the corner. I don't remember it being that bad before. Hopefully their presence will die down as the year progresses. (I guess it is terrible that I refer to the amount of campus security as a bad thing. Hmm.)

Last night a few of my roommates and I kicked off the year with a good old game of the Big Lebowski man/dude drinking game. Fun idea: Drinking the night before the first day of classes. Bad idea: Drinking the night before the first day of classes. When I woke up this morning I was feeling pretty hungover so it helped that my professor didn't show up to my first class of the year. Although it would have been nice if we were notified ahead of time. Apparently she was on her way here so I'm guessing it was car trouble or something of that matter. It will be interesting to she what her attendance policy is and how lenient she is to students.

Anyways, I just got back from my first two classes and it looks like I'll be doing a lot of reading and writing, but not too many exams. Should be interesting and I expect to be able to continue blogging on a regular basis.

On another note, it looks as though there is some good news for the underaged drinkers on campus. The Medical Amnesty policy that our student senate worked on last year is coming closer to being put into action. This policy would help prevent students from receiving UNH penalties for underaged drinking if medical help is needed. The policy only works if the student in need of help or a friend contacts the medical care, not if they are caught or found. It does not save a student from legal problems, but it can save one from being evicted. This policy is being pursued so students will be more likely to call for help if a student has drank too much.

If you are new to the blog, thanks for reading and tell your friends. Be sure to make yourself comfortable:

Stay classy, not UMassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment