Friday, October 21, 2011

The Colonial Clash Part II


This weekend I'll be heading down to Gillette for the UNH-UMass game with my family for my dad's birthday. He is a UMass alum, but he cheers for UNH because between my two older brothers and I, he's paid a hell of a lot more money to UNH than UMass. I can't really blame him there. Plus, he gets to root for the better team.

 I've haven't seen any of them for more than a few minutes since school began so I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone. But I realized something today. I can't wait to tailgate with them all, last year I wasn't 21 yet so I didn't want to risk anything. Last year was a blast while sober, so this year should be even better. Last year's Colonial Clash was one of the best afternoons of the school year and it's nice to see people get excited for UNH football. UNH is playing well this year and UMass is preparing to move up a level so it should be a good game. UNH has already sold out their student tickets, twice, so hopefully we have the bigger crowd again this year.

Hopefully this will get more people excited for the remaining home games UNH has, especially homecoming. Or should I say Hallowcoming, as it is being called around campus. The anticipation is killing me!

Stay classy, not UMassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment