Friday, February 5, 2010

This Confuses Me


I took this card from one of those plastic stands on the tables at HOCO and I don't understand what health services is trying to prove or say. At least there weren't any grammatical errors this time (I mean it's not like they are writing a blog.) Let me explain why it confuses me:

I have a feeling that everyone on campus, not just "over half" participates in alcohol-free activities. If you don't, then wouldn't you have to be drinking like 24/7? I would like to meet a person who can handle, and afford, that accomplishment. I mean isn't going to class an "alcohol-free" activity? Because in that case they could probably say like 70%  and not just "over half"of students participate in alcohol-free activities.

The 52% of students fact doesn't surprise me and that makes perfect sense. But I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that there is such a high percentage  that only participates in alcohol related activities. And I thought I had a drinking problem! This is such a relief to know that I have a long way to go before I hit rock bottom.

Stay classy not UMassy.

PS to assholes: I know that they mean over half of campus participates in organizations/clubs/sports where alcohol isn't allowed. I am not a moron, I just understand how sarcasm works. I think it is just really funny the way health services words all their flyers. We get it, not everyone on campus drinks... (just the cool kids do!)

PPS: I need a Jersey Shore nickname for a party, any ideas? According to the nickname generator "The New Hampshirite" is "The Impact."

No comments:

Post a Comment