Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today's Post

Last night I attended the first ever flash-dance at UNH. Hundreds of students gathered in the courtyard in front of the library for a 15 minute rave thing. A lot of people had fun and I think the organizers did a great job, but I was hoping to capture UNH students at their finest. Only after it was said and done nothing really happened. Overall I came away disappointed. The music wasn't loud enough and clearly not enough people were belligerently drunk. Secretly I hoping for a huge mob of students to march around campus, but I guess we'll have to wait for the Sox to win the World Series in the fall. It's too bad the NBA and NHL championships won't occur while we're in school. Apart from election night (OBAMA!!!) we didn't have one good mob all year. Common! How do you expect to regain that top 10 party school ranking if we can't even have one legit mob? Jeez, kids these days... 

I was scanning over the Wikipedia page for "May 13th" looking for a musician's birthday or death  for inspiration for a song of the day and I saw that today is Ronnie "Lightweight" Coleman's 45th birthday. For those of you who don't spend your study time on youtube, Ronnie "Yeah Buddy" Coleman is an eight time Mr. Olympia, but he is perhaps even more famous for his youtube videos of him pumping himself up for a heavy lift. This is one of my personal favorites. I did hear that comedian/youtube sensation Bo Burnham will be appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight, meaning that I may actual enjoy the show for a few minutes. (I'm sorry, i just haven't gotten into Fallon yet, although he is getting better. I usually watch clips from the show on Hulu, mainly just to see the Roots.) (<-- Great song.) 

Seeing as how I have already used a Roots song I have decided to  use one of Burnham's for today's song of the day. I hope this will make you laugh and ease some of the tension during your finals. 

That's it for now, I to got to study for a change. I apologize for being brief but I have my hardest final tomorrow and it also happens to be the only one I need to do really well on. I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned to never take Politics 401.

Stay classy, not UMassy.*
*Maybe I should change this signature if I'm so set on regaining that top 10 ranking during my time here. I'll think about it. 

1 comment:

  1. what makes him stupid? apparently you read the blog. you prob dont get the humor.

    ReplyDelete