Friday, January 8, 2010

200th Post: Expanding the Blog

For the 200th post of the University of Nonsensical Happenings I have some pretty big news that I am really excited about. I am currently in the process of recruiting a few more writers to join the blog. I already have one confirmation and he is an actual journalism student so you'll get to read some decent writing for a change. I have also contacted a few people but we are still in contract negotiations. 
My ultimate goal is to make this blog a free-from campus super blog or "underground newspaper" that is updated daily (during the semesters) where anything goes. So if you are interested (current students only) in contributing please email me at unhblog@yahoo.com. Be prepared to tell me what type of posts you would be interested in writing and how often. If you have good ideas and are willing to submit a sample post or two there is a decent chance I will invite you to become a writer (meaning you get to make your own account and ID). You can post under your real name if you want, just be aware that this will be around forever. You don't have to write in the same style as me (meaning you don't have to write about doing stupid things, but you can if you want.) I am hoping to get about 3-4 writers, but please let me know if your are interested in just contributing once and a while. Email me if you are interested or have any ideas or questions. I really want to expand and make this blog more appealing to the entire campus.
If you are interested in contributing guests posts, without officially joining, you can email them and I will post them like a "letter to the editor." If you choose to do that include how you want me to give you credit (name, fake name, ID...)


Some quick ideas for guest columns or letters (but definitely not limited to):
  • freshman/transfer student adjusting to life at UNH
  • senior preparing for the real world
  • athletes (life as a student athlete... that would be so awesome)
  • movie/music/ reviews
  • local band reviews - live music from Portsmouth/Dover/Newmarket...
  • UNH event coverage
  • funny/interesting stories
  • sport game recaps/previews
  • big party reviews (which frat really does have the best parties?)
  • rants and opinions
  • current newspaper writers/english/journalism students looking to write informally 
  • photographer for picture/photo of the week posts
  • student senate updates
  • connections to SCOPE
  • student club/activity profiles/summaries- event recaps
  • For an Alumnae: life after UNH or how UNH prepared you (was it a success?)
This could be a great way to dip into journalism or try something new and outside your major. I hope this is something that will interest a few of you and please don't be shy.


Stay classy, not UMassy.

1 comment:

  1. No-holds-bar right? Meaning; if I snap a photo of the New Hampshirite himself... It goes up on the blog? I want money for that though.

    ReplyDelete