Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mid Break Updates

So we are just about halfway through winter break and I have a feeling these next couple weeks are gonna drag on. I can't wait to get back to Durham and party! (Although I have a feeling Kesha will be so over played this semester I might have to seclude myself in my room.)  I figured I would link up a few Durham updates since I have nothing to do today... until Alabama shows Texas what's up. (I'm picking 'Bama 27-17). Anyways let's see what's been going on back at the old U.

  • There was an arrest in the Halloween assault. Eric A. Hunt, 21, of Hudson gets my vote for prick of the semester. He was charged with second degree assault, and tampering with witnesses and informants. Hunt turned himself in after a tip pointed police in his direction.
  • There was a drum circle at the campus ministry which has lead to an anthrax scare. Apparently spores from the animal skin drum were an inhaled by a young woman. 
  • Jenn Wakefield, a standout on the women's hockey team, is planning to transfer to BU. Wakefield took this season off to play with the Canadian National team... Really, BU? At least it's not Maine or UMass, but still...
  • UNH was ranked 83rd in the top 100 most affordable public colleges by Kiplinger's Finance Magazine. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but I still say tuition is way too high. I mean I would love to get an internship this summer, but I might have to take a job to make more money.
OK, that's all I could find by searching "UNH" in google news. I have been thinking about possibly expanding the blog by adding a couple more writers. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I think it would help broaden the possibilities for the blog. I want this blog to be less about me and more about the campus. Let me know if you think I should keep running it by myself  (which I don't mind) or if I should look into recruiting 2 or 3 more writers. I would still run everything, they would be strictly writers. Another possibility would be adding some guest posts once and a while.

**If you are interested (current students only) in contributing please email me at unhblog@yahoo.com. Even if you just want to write once a week, reviews, UNH sports updates, campus happenings, photo of the week or whatever. Email me if you are interested or have any ideas or questions. I really want to expand and make this blog more appealing to the entire campus.**

Stay classy, not UMassy.

1 comment: