Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lady Meow's Summer Playlist

My selections are way different from my blog-mates and probably less pleasing to guys as well. But I would definitely blare these songs either in my car with my Monsoon speakers down East 101 to the beach OR when I'm absolutely wasted (I may or may not have questionably gestured along to "Fever of the Flavor").


Lady Meow's Summer Playlist (in no particular order):
(pink=favorites)

  1. "When the World Ends"-Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds When the world ends we'll be burnin one, when the world ends we'll be sweet makin love...
  2. "Why Don't You Love Me (Jump Smokers Remix)"-Beyonce Got moves in your bedroom, keep you happy with the nasty things I do.
  3. "Captain Jack"-Billy Joel Captain Jack will get you high tonight and take you to your special island Captain Jack will get you by tonight just a little push, and you'll be smilin'.
  4. "Born to Run"-Bruce Springsteen Tramps like us baby we were born to run.
  5. "Fever for the Flavor"- Hot Action Cop Can I get a little yum, yum kitty kitty, justa little sumthin itty bitty, do you wanna get triple x groovy gimme gimme that kind of movie.
  6. "In My Head (Les Boyz Electro Edit)"-Jason Derulo Just leave with me now say the word and we'll go. I'll be your teacher i'll throw you the ropes. You'll see a side of love you've never known.
  7. "The Dynamo of Volition"-Jason Mraz I've got the dynamo of volition the po-pole position automatic transmission with lo-ow emissions, I'm a brand new addition to the old edition with the love unconditional...
  8. "On To the Next One (ft. Swizz Beatz)"-Jay-Z Fuck a throw-back jersey cos we on to tha next one.
  9. "Fire"-Joe Budden There's some hoes in dis house, light that dro in tha house, smoke that dro in tha house.
  10. "Assassin"-John Mayer I'm an assassin and I had a job to do, little did I know that girl was an assassin too.
  11. "Thin Line (ft. Nelly Furtado)"-Jurassic 5 We've been friends for a long time, a very close friend of mine love you like you was mine, but please respect the thin line...
  12. "Alejandro"-Lady GaGa Don't wanna kiss don't wanna touch, just smoke my cigarette and hush.
  13. "Retro Physical"-Lady GaGa Off the wall (get your ass) off the wall (work that boy) so sexual, retro physical.
  14. "New in Town"-Little Boots So don't rely on the people you meet cos no one is safe in these streets.
  15. "Daylight"-Matt and Kim We cut the legs off of our pants threw our shoes into the ocean sit back and wave through the daylight.
  16. "Animal"-Neon Trees And I won't be denied by you, the animal inside of you.
  17. "Lisztomania"-Phoenix Think less but see it grow, like a riot, like a riot.
  18. "Dani California"-Red Hot Chili Peppers She's a lover baby and a fighter, shoulda seen it comin when it got a little brighta.
  19. "Te Amo (Smooth Tribal Remix)"-Rihanna Then she said "te amo" then she put my hand around my waist...
  20. "Sweet Honey"-Slightly Stoopid You tell me that your love is true each and every day you tell me you've got that type of lovin here to stay, sweet honey.
  21. "High Together"-Shwayze I'd rather get some herb and kick it with my friends, hit the beach and treat it like a weekend.
  22. "If We Ever Meet Again Ft. Katy Perry (Chew Fu Club Mix)"-Timbaland Baby tell me what's your story, I ain't shy don't you worry. I'm flirtin with my eyes, wanna leave with you tonight.
Wow, guess this summer is about friends, drugs and sex. Fab. I know these songs are certainly not hipster by any means and you may call them mainstream, however there is no right way to love music.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! If you're really feelin the music, shoot me an e-mail, ladymeowunh@gmail.com and I can send the ones you like to you. If there's enough interest, I'll post links to download them.

Also, for you DMB lovers out there and for those of you who didn't know, they are not touring next summer. So all of you going to Mansfield in June, make it the best! I'd love to see them at Fenway again.

1 comment: