Thursday, May 20, 2010

New Hampshirite's Summer Jams

 I saw the summer playlists in the latest Main Street the other day and it inspired me to make my own, but then again who doesn’t have a few favorite summer jams? My list is highly influenced by summer parties and late night sing-a-longs by a campfire. I think Americana-folk-rock or whatever you want to call it is way under appreciated at UNH and it is some of my  personal favroite summer time music. I also threw in some reggae with "Nonsensical" (which was an inspiration in the blog title) and some hip-hop with one of my all-time favorites "The Seed 2.0" by The Roots.

1. Nonsensical – Forro in the Dark
2. Lookin’ Out my Back Door – Credence Clearwater Revival
3. Frankie’s Gun – The Felice Brothers
4. Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
5. The Other Side – Ryan Bingham
6. Burning Down the House – The Talking Heads
7. Immigraniada (We Comin' Rougher) – Gogol Bordello
8. Scarlet Begonias– Grateful Dead
9. The Seed 2.0 – The Roots
10. One Big Holiday – My Morning Jacket
11. Leaving Tennessee – Dusty Rhodes and the River Band
12. Up on Cripple Creak – The Band
13. Dirty Old Town – The Pogues
14. Lawyers, Guns and Money –Warren Zevon

I don't have the energy to make a fancy playlist like Lady Meow. I had a final this morning, moved into my new house and was fishing all afternoon. Somebody get me a Jack and Coke because this summer is going to kickass.

Stay classy, not Umassy.

1 comment: