Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Final Countdown


Ladies and gentlemen of Nonsensical Nation,

We are approximately 1,000 visitors away from hitting 100,000 visitors since this blog started in late March of 2009. This is a huge milestone for us and I thank each and every one of you who has come back to read it again and again. We've shared laughs, been through good times and bad (and good posts and bad) and it has been a wild ride. Some of you may have noticed a new writer "STAN" joined last night. Yes, it is the same "Stan" as my story about my roommate from last semester. He is currently abroad in Australia and will be sharing stories and thoughts from down-under for this semester.

With that I also have one final announcement.

Next year will be my senior year here at UNH and I've been giving it a lot of thought. I have decided that the blog will return to how it started: just me as the one and only writer. I have been contemplating this idea for a while  (actually since last summer) and I decided I want everything to go and wrap up exactly how I want. I was bouncing back and forth between "hiring" more people, but I decided it really is more work and time consuming having more contributors. The others will still be listed as contributors until the end of this semester and have access to write, but after that it's back to just me. So there it is. One more year and back to the way it started, giving UNH hell, holding nothing back all on my own. I don't see it being that much of a difference since the others only posted on rare occasions, but I still wanted to make the announcement. 

Stay classy, not UMassy.

7 comments:

  1. Not a bad idea, you just have to make sure that after next year you hand it off to someone or something. You can't let this die after you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ I suggest you hand it off to "something"...like that robot that plays jeopardy

    ReplyDelete
  3. the other writers have all added a little something now and again, but I'm looking forward to it being all you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're ditching the blog once you graduate? Why don't you pass it on to someone else so this can grow and become more and more popular? It's like working hard for something, then just giving it up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure yet what will happen when I graduate. If I find the right person then I probably will hand it off. That is over a year away so I have some time to think about it. I would love for it to become a staple of UNH, but it needs the right person to run it. Maybe I'll hold tryouts, who knows. Only time will tell. I'm surprised it has lasted so long already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put all your posts and the comments into a book and sell it from amazon so I can get it on my Kindle...

    ReplyDelete