Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Career Goal

I'm a senior history major at UNH who decided that I didn't want to teach as a sophomore (although now I could get back on that wagon) and I aspire to land a writing job after college. If that means a move to New York City or out to California and live in the cheapest apartment I can find and work a shitty job to pay rent, then so be it. I'll do it. With today's economy it is getting harder for students to get jobs out of college, but I could never look myself in the mirror if I didn't give it a shot. Worst case scenario is that it delays my eventual career for a few years and I don't make any money. That may sound terrible to some of you, but personally that would be fine for me. I'm not much of a worrier.

However, today I think I found my new career path thanks to an email from my brother. It simple said "saw this on the freeway (in California) and immediately thought of you. Attached was this picture:

Why not me?!

I think I have watched every alien and UFO special the History Channel and National Geographic, or any channel for that matter, has too offer. I'm already an American History major so I understand good research and one of my life goals has always been to gain access to Area 51. I can put all my tools together and become the best alien/UFO researcher/writer/conspiracy blogger/lunatic/crazy person ever. I can see it now... 

Stay classy, not UMassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment