Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Straw Factor

I know people have complained that sometimes I write too much about drinking and alcohol and all that, but what can I say. I like to drink. But this is a serious question. Is it always girly to drink out of a straw? Like I get that if it was a more feminine drink, or even a "neutral" drink, or definitely something straight up, but say I am drinking a whiskey and coke out of a mason jar and the ice is blocking easy access for the drink to enter my mouth, a straw would negate that problem. It creates an easier flow so more alcohol can be consumed in less time. It's like the Miller Lite vortex bottle. Also if you have facial hair like me one of the last things you want is cheap smelling and tasting alcohol on your mustache. A straw prevents this. When you go to the bars on campus they almost always give you a straw, especially during well drink specials or beat the clock hours. This is an honest question: is it okay for me to drink using a straw, keeping in mind that it is a cheap whiskey and coke out of a mason jar? Usually I wouldn't even have thought about it, but the other night a female friend of mine said it would be girly when I mentioned getting straws at the store. I mean, if I have a nice drink, like a straight whiskey sour, definitely no straw. But cheap whiskey in a mason jar is another story. And don't think that I'm self-conscious or something, I Steven Glansberg it almost everyday at HoCo.

Stay classy, not UMassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment