Thursday, September 9, 2010

MMA Comes to UNH


On Friday September 17th the MMA league called Global Fight League (basically the level below UFC) will be hosting a fight night at the Whittemore Center. Personally, I'm not a huge MMA person, I like boxing, but this event looks like it could be pretty entertaining. It will feature both amateur and professional fighters in 15 matches. The main bout is a rematch championship fight and two of the other fights are also for a title. Student tickets are just $10, which is a great deal considering tickets range from $35 to $100. I don't know if it is barbaric for me to say this, but I can't think of a better event to get really drunk and watch. It is being advertised as the biggest MMA fight in New England history so it could definitely be worth it to check it out. There will be a more detailed preview in an upcoming issue of TNH, so check that out because I am scooping this from them.

Stay classy, not UMassy.

2 comments:

  1. is Boston considered New England, because there was a pretty f-ing big UFC fight less than a month ago at the Gahden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what I thought... but that was how they advertised it.

    ReplyDelete