Friday, September 10, 2010

Post About Nothing

According to rumors - and an article in TNH - it looks as thought SCOPE's fall concert will be the synth-pop band Passion Pit. Apparently the band listed UNH on their tour website, but it was soon taken down. SCOPE will officially announce the show on U-Day next week. I am not a big fan of them, but I don't hate them. I'd say this would be a pretty decent concert, but it will probably get a similar response as MGMT. It will sellout, but a lot of students won't be happy. Just remember SCOPE will have -or at least in the past they have- two more spring concerts. My predictions would be a hip-hop artist in the Whit for Spring Climax and an alternative type show in the Field House. But alas, I am not in SCOPE and am completely pulling those predictions out of my ass. SCOPE, if you're listening, it sounds like a lot of students want Wale, Kid Cudi or J Cole. I actually recently got the Wale mix-tape "More About Nothing" and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I mean he sample Seinfield! As most of you have figured by now, I am more of a rock fan though so I would be a pleasant surprise if SCOPE went in that direction next semester, but I understand they need to appeal to the masses and everyone has different tastes. Not everyone will like every show no matter who they get.

For any sports fans out there you should checkout "Wildchats," the WUNH sports talk show from 6-8 p.m. on Thursdays. I know one of the regulars from last year and another who is joining and it is nice to here them talk about UNH and Boston based sports right here from our campus. I tuned in last night and ended up listening to the whole show while doing some homework.

This weekend UNH football will face-off against Pitt, a FBS team. This will be UNH's biggest regular season game ever and it will be available on ESPN3.com My roommates and I plan on hooking up a lap-top to the TV to watch the game and I recommend you do to. It will be really cool to watch UNH go up against on of the top teams in the country.

My first TNH column for the regular paper (not the freshman issue) will be in Tuesday's paper. I'll be writing it this weekend and it will discuss some late-night tips and stuff for UNH. I think it will be a really good one with things I haven't actually touched on before and other stuff that deserves further examination so I hope you will all check that out and leave feedback.

Okay, I am still re-adjusting to school and blog stuff so I feel like I'm just finally starting to get reacquainted with everything so next week we should be at full blogging force. I have a few interesting pieces and things lined up to discuss so have a good weekend and see you Monday... unless something comes up.

Stay classy, not UMassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment