Monday, December 7, 2009

UNH Monday Updates

UNH has new famous alumni... and it is Rachel Uchitel, one of the women Tiger Woods supposedly had an affair with. Uchitel graduated from UNH in 1996 with a degree in psychology. Good to see she's putting her education to work with her job as a hostess in New York City.  I'm not sure if she is at the level of Jackie MacMullan, Jason Krog, Mike O'Malley or John Irving, but she is making her case. No word yet on how many professor Uchitel slept with to get her degree, although it can be assumed that a 9 iron was involved. (Bad joke of the day: check)

In other news, last night a 6 hour student senate meeting took place where Smith Hall residents and supporters were able to voice their opinions on the repurposing of UNH's oldest dorm. The student senate passed a resolution condemning the actions of President Huddelston. Students are still hoping that they can change the administrations mind over the decision to turn Smith Hall into the new admissions office... if only a famous alumni who lived in Smith would speak on it's behalf... Hey, Rachel, where did you live on campus?

I would now like to explain a few things about this blog. I have been writing it for 8 months now (counting the summer even though I barely wrote) and a few things have come to fruition. First of all, I realize that I have built a dedicated fan base of regular readers. That is awesome, thank you so much. Every week it seems as though more people have been reading and that really is an honor. I have also been receiving more campus tips via email, facebook and twitter, which is awesome. Those people know who they are and they are the best. I would love to be able to continue this growth through the support of fellow students. If you have an issue or tip about a campus happening let me know. Even if it is something small like your band is playing at Panache, I can write up a quick preview or something.

Secondly, I realize that other people don't like the blog, which makes sense because you can't please everyone. I'm not going to try and win those people over or explain myself, but I would like to say a few things. Not everything on here is meant to be taken 100% seriously. Most of the negative feedback I get comes form people who seem to be missing the bigger picture. This is a blog, not a textbook, which means I don't have to have sources and I can make up ridiculous statements for comical purposes. Sarcasm and irony can be very difficult concepts for some people. Also, if you don't like this, then don't read it. Nobody's making you.

A quick note my final TNH column of the semester will be in tomorrow's paper and it is awesome as always.

Stay classy, not UMassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment