Thursday, November 5, 2009

Have You Seen These!?!?

The cards can be found all over campus, mostly in the bathrooms and the displays on the tables inside HOCO and Philbrook...

If you can't read the bottom part it says, "We got the facts from you! 27% of UNH students report not drinking on a weekly basis!

First of all whoever made that was probably drunk. "Over 3,000 UNH student won't drink..." Really 3,000 student? How about proofreading? It is not like they're writing a blog. So apparently the other 73% (about 9,000) students do drink alcohol on a weekly basis. I'm sure some of that 27% drinks too, but just not every week. And UNH is proud of this! UNH is admitting that almost 3/4 of their students get shit-faced every week and they are saying that is a good thing. How fucking ridiculous is that! Probably a large amount of those students are underaged too. Going by the logic that freshmen, sophomores and some juniors out number the other juniors and seniors. (Most students turn 21 their junior year.) Also, I don't believe that this survey included grad students because if that were the case 27% would have more than 3,000 (between 3,500 to 4,000). According to my research (read: wikipedia) UNH has about 12,200 undergrads and about 2,400 post-grad students.Well, to the 73% who realize that you're in college, enjoy your Thirsty Thursday and to those other 27% have a nice night watching TV:
"Because telling stories about the TV shows you watched while you were in college won't be interesting in five years." That is basically begging you to go out and party. Man, I love UNH.

Stay classy, not UMassy.

5 comments:

  1. that is mad funny how UNH acts like that is an accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I recognize the irony of promoting this fact, I think the University is just trying to disspell the old peer pressure idea: "Everybody drinks". There idea is that maybe they can convince a few Freshman that they don't have to drink if they don't want to. Even so, this is still pretty week, I admit.

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know this was pretty week? When is ugly week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Not everyone who drinks gets shitfaced, so UNH isn't admitting to nearly three-quarters of students getting shitfaced, as you claim.

    2. Why would people lie for those surveys? There are some people here who are more interested in doing well than lame parties.

    3. The "Do It Now" thing is telling people not to go drink, but instead it is telling people do to something valuable with their free time, like say volunteering. In five years, that makes a good story. Partying does not.

    4. Your "calculations" are retarded at best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't going to explain myself but I think you are missing the point.
    1) You are excellent at detecting sarcasm and you have changed my life.
    2) Going to parties doesn't mean I care less about my grades. It is possible to party a couple a nights and still do well.
    3)Really? Wow, I really thought that UNH wanted us to go out and drink. (I'm being sarcastic again.)
    4) Actually they are pretty accurate. Douche.

    ReplyDelete