Monday, November 2, 2009

A Letter to My Professors

Dear Professors,
Why do you all insist on having exams and assigning papers in the same week? Because of this the half-empty handle of Svedka will remain in my fridge all week. That really sucks.
Love,
The New Hampshirite

Seriously, why is that all of my classes happen to run on the same exam/paper schedule? I'll go two or three weeks with nothing but light reading and small translations or quizzes for my language requirement and then I'll have three exams and an 8 page paper due at the same time. I guess this is just one of those weeks for me where I'll be drinking coffee non-stop and getting very little amounts of sleep. Last week I took a bunch of books that I either finished reading or realized that they were completely useless into the Durham Book Exchange. For $130 worth of books I got back $35. Total rip-off, I mean two of the books were still basically brand new. Well at least it was enough for alcohol and pizza for Halloween weekend.

Speaking of Halloween weekend, after that situation Friday night (which I mentioned briefly in a previous post) I have made it personal with the UNH/Durham/Where-ever-the-fuck-they-called-in cops. That party was far from going out of control and it was actually pretty low key, but they still determined that it needed to be shut down. Thus resulting in me walking several miles back to campus because we all had to leave at the same time instead of waiting for the designated drivers to make rounds... not cool.

Whatever, Halloween weekend was a blast, probably the best weekend of the year so far. The football team chalked up another impressive win and we got a little taste of what to expect for the up-coming basketball season. I said this before and I'll say it again: UNH is taking the America East tourney this year and going March Madness dancing. Mark my words... as for hockey... I hate to say it, but we'll be lucky if we keep our 20-win season streak alive this year.

I have had the chorus from this song stuck in my head all day so I decided to post it.


Stay classy, not UMassy.

1 comment:

  1. Do not give the book exchange your business. Prices will never go down if students continue to shop there.

    Instead you can buy your books for MUCH cheaper on www.dealoz.com. It's a book search engine that checks amazon, ebay, and many other online stores and gives you all the prices in comparison.

    You can sell your books online too. I sell mine on www.half.com. I actually make a profit some semesters using this method.

    I don't work for these websites or anything, I just care a lot about being a cheap bastard.

    ReplyDelete