Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I Got

You know what really grinds my gears? Logging onto blackboard in hopes of planning your schedule for the next semester, only to see that almost every class is listed as being taught by "staff." All I want to do is to pick my classes by time and professors and they are fucking my shit up! How am I supposed to use "rate my professors" if I don't know what professors I might have? Freshman may not realize this, but during your time at UNH you will learn which professors are awesome and which ones suck; much like in high school. It is very important, especially within your major, to take classes by professors whose style most benefits your individual learning habits. I don't see why they can't just let us know in advanced which professors are teaching which sections. I know as time goes by a few of those will become known, but nothing sucks more than getting stuck with a professor you previously had and did not like. Usually you can switch out, but there is not always that opportunity depending on which credits you need and whether or not those classes are open or closed. Another thing that pisses me off is that I'll have at least one class on Fridays next semester, I've been spoiled this year and that is going to be a tough adjustment. There is only one class I absolutely have to take next semester and all three sections on on M,T,W, and F. Why not have class on Thursday and have Fridays or Mondays off? Stupid language requirements...

Now that I got that out of the way...
My final advertising shipments have finally arrived. I have already begun some minor test runs by putting some cards around a couple dorms. Seeing as there aren't any home hockey or football games this weekend I will probably be littering the campus with these new and improved flyers, business cards and wallet calenders.

Business Cards (Top) Flyers and Wallet Calenders (Bottom)

Hopefully these will help advertise the blog a little better around campus because I always like getting new readers.

Lastly, happy Veterans Day! Thank you Veterans, and I hope everyone enjoyed their day off. America, fuck yeah:



Stay classy, not UMassy.

1 comment:

  1. I understand your frustration. Picking the right teacher is pretty important, so when it just gives you "staff" as a choice it can be confusing. It is not like you have many choices if you need these courses for your requirements. Alas, such is the life of a college student. Good luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete