Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Random Thoughts and Things

This will probably be my last post until Sunday or Monday, so I would just like to throw a few things out there. It is about 1:30AM and I have a meeting in the morning and then I'm off for home so I just wanted to throw up a quick post before I left. First off, I need to thank the people at Crooked Monkey, who sent me a free t-shirt and a nice thank you note after I wrote a review about their website and services. You should really check them out, they have high quality products and a very nice customer service... Unlike vistaprint (where I ordered that free stuff from.) They started charging me because I was a "VP club" member. I never signed up for that, it was something that automatically happens without them telling you. (It's called a scam.)  I looked into it and apparently anyone who orders "free" business cards from them ends up getting charged $14.95 a month until they cancel their membership. Luckily if you catch it and call them out on it (which I did) you get your money back. They are this legitimate company with big time credentials (listed towards the top of the Boston Globes "Best Places to Work") and they get away with these fucking bullshit scams! No wonder the place is so great to work, they scam money out of poor saps who are just trying to advertise their upstart businesses! FUCK YOU vistaprint!

Monday night I got absolutely ripped off The Investigative Journalist (a vaporizer) and I was unable to take notes, I apologize. I did however, pass out in my chair on my stomach, with my head on the ground and my feet in the air. Yeah, I still can't figure that one out. I think the best way to describe that night is this:


 I will now post two videos of extremely passionate musicians. I truly think that this first video is of the most soulful musician out there today, some people say his voice is a little to rough, but I think it fits him and his band perfectly. Eugene Hutz of Gogol Bordello:


How is it that I never knew of the shredding abilities of My Morning Jacket? After watching this performance from the Conan O'Brien all I can say is "wow."


Okay, University of Nonsensical Happenites (I need a name to refer to you all blog readers. Like how Stephen Colbert calls his audience "Nation." Seriously, comment any ideas you have!) Have a great break and I'll see you on the other side.
Stay classy, not UMassy.

1 comment: