Thursday, October 8, 2009

The 7 P's to Success

"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance." This is the advice my grandfather gave me before I headed off to college before my freshmen year. It is also the same advice he gave to my older brother before he got married. My grandfather had 13 kids with my grandmother and they are still rocking, so I take all of his advice to heart. After they retired they spent years driving around the country, visiting every state with their camper. Personally, I think that is awesome and it is obviously something that can't be done without proper planning.

Throughout my time at UNH I have never really had to plan for anything, other than when to study for finals or deciding what nights it was okay to stay out...( okay so pretty much any night.) But I was faced with a dilemma today. I only had one class left before the long weekend (I don't have classes on Fridays) and I really didn't want to go. This class is a survey of music history, a very lame gen-ed that is actually harder than you would think. It is always a pain to take notes during the class and I usually only learn when I read the book (which I didn't buy, but my friend did.) So I decided to have a nice Red Bull (with vodka) before the class. It wasn't enough to get drunk, but just enough to give myself a decent buzz. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I actually took better notes than I normally do. And the class went by much faster than usual. I'm not really sure how that worked out, I guess it was just the perfect amount of alcohol and energy to help me pay attention and keep me happy and relaxed.

I'm not really sure how that ties into the "7 P's to Success" because it definitely wasn't proper planning, but I did "prevent piss poor performance" by taking good notes so it all worked out.
I am very excited for this weekend, and I'll be posting again tomorrow before the weekend officially starts for those of you who have class on Friday...
Have a nice Thirsty Thursday... "Nunc est bibendum!" For those of you who don't take latin, "Now is the time to drink!"

But make sure you are prepared by knowing your rights, especially for this long homecoming weekend:

props to UNH-Hi-Lites to posting this video last year. (and the UMaine blogger too.)

Stay classy, not UMassy.

2 comments:

  1. best advice ever... seen that video before, but def worth watching if u havent

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about time management, which is all about planning, your grandfather is a smart man.

    ReplyDelete