Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quick Story

Before I get into the T-shirt stuff I have a quick story. So, last night, around 8:30pm, I was walking back to my dorm from the library. I was alone and I was nearing that wooden footbridge at the bottom of the big hill kind of behind Ham Smith. A girl was walking in the opposite direction and we passed right at the bridge. As we passed she let out a heavy breath/gasp and took off running towards Ham Smith. She only ran for about 20 yards or so. I have a slight feeling, but I hope this is not the case, that she saw me as a threat. If that is the case I deeply apologize. I understand how being alone at night on campus can be scary for a girl, even I get freaked out once in a while. We were at opposite sides of the bridge, which is kind of wide. I really hope that she was just late for a meeting or something. Did I do something wrong? Is there a night walking etiquette that I don't know about? Because I don't want this to happen again. I really did feel bad even though I didn't do anything.

1 comment:

  1. well, as a girl I can understand the feeling of being threatened if she was alone last night (which was dark), and the only other person on the path was a guy. I don't know how threatening your appearance is, or what her size was, or how she feels in her own skin safety wise, but it seems a wee bit overdramatic. Given the "rash" of incidents lately of people being assaulted, and by rash I mean the two reported incidents, her anxiety is understandable. The best advice I have is to just maintain a steady pace when you're out walking, and try not to stare to intently at someone for overly long. Strange, but then again, so are people.

    ReplyDelete