Monday, October 12, 2009

Well That Was Fun...

Happy Columbus day and I hope you all had a great long weekend. I would probably rate this as one of my best weekends ever here at UNH. I got things off with a bang by drinking before my last class on Thursday and that was just the beginning. I spent Friday night at my brother's in Portsmouth, catching up, reminiscing on old times, watching the Sox (shit...) and the new Gogol Bordello live DVD. (Awesome.) Needless to say a lot of alcohol was consumed as well as another substance that should be legalized. I returned to campus in time for the football game Saturday and was pumped to see UNH upset number 2 ranked Villanova. Then the real fun began.

At 6:30 my friend and I each have a heavily mixed Red Bull and vodka. I could already tell it will be a great night. Two more of my friends arrived around 7pm (one commuter and the Maine Guy who was home for the weekend.) Around 8pm we left my room in the upper quad for the gables to meet up with some other people. Drinking ensued. Around 9:15pm we left Gable C tower and went to Gable South tower. More drinking ensued. Just after 10pm we left the Gables all together and ventured across campus for one of our lovely fraternities. (No names will be used.) There more drinking of alcoholic beverages ensued. It was easily the most fun I have ever had at a frat and a tip of the hat to them for keeping it in control with a positive atmosphere. After being there for about an hour or so we decided to leave for D-hop because we were starving... (and out of beer).

We arrived at D-hop around 11:30 or so and mowed down on some tasty pizza. At midnight we were back at my room to refill our backpacks. And we were once again off to the Gables. More drinking ensued upon our arrival. We ordered out from Dominos and it never tasted so good. Especially the cina-sticks. After playing some youtube clips of UYD, we returned to my room where we promptly passed out around 3am. It was fucking freezing cold walking around campus, but it was worth it. We saw friends new and old and had a great time. None of us puked (well at least the people who came back with me) and none of us will be showing up in the police logs. That is the definition of a great fucking night.

Moral of this story is that you can still have a great time around campus without being hassled by cops. You just got to be smart. We saw a bunch in cars, on bikes and just walking around and we never bothered. Several of us had backpacks and they left us alone because we didn't make a scene. Make a plan before you go out, and you should be fine. Don't let the man bring you down.

Then came Sunday. After watching both my beloved Sox and Patriots loose I decided the only way to feel better would be to watch The Big Lebowski and drink every time "dude" or "man" is spoken. Success.



Stay classy, Not UMassy.

3 comments:

  1. thats a lot of mans, dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool bro I love reading about what you had to drink.Riveting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote this to show that students can still go out and party with the increase of police on campus without being bothered. I have heard a lot of people saying that they don't want to go out anymore, I just wanted to prove a point that if your smart you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete