Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Golden Ticket

On Tuesday I had a bunch of packages arrive with some flyers and business cards I made to help advertise the blog around campus. I will probably put up the flyers on different bulletin boards all over campus within a week, so if you see one point it out to a friend. The business cards will also be distributed in various locations, mostly in the MUB and other buildings on tables, or where ever the newspapers can be found. (On top of the trash units, the couches near HOCO, the half-wall around the food court ect...)
As for the t-shirts, I have decided like I originally planned, to put off ordering them until winter break. I think it could be a great way to kick off the spring. That was my original plan, I just got a little excited last week when I got such good feedback. Before winter break I will post the final designs (I am still working on a few) and I will allow you to vote on your favorite one. I will also be saving some of the business cards and the week before the shirts will be available some of the cards will have some special offers like a dollar or two off and maybe even one or two for a free shirt. I also have a couple other "goodies" for free on their way. I know that may seem like a long time, but it will be worth it. Think of it as your golden ticket like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... or South Park... or The Office:



So seriously do any of you have great ideas like me and Michael? I feel like self promotion would be a lot more effective if I didn't have to include the 'self' part. If any of you have some golden (and cheap) promotion ideas let me have it! I'm tired of spamming all of the UNH facebook groups...

Stay classy, not UMassy.

1 comment: