Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

By: The New Hampshirite
It has been a while since my last Thursday Thought post, in fact I don't think I've done one since last year when the blog was just a fraction of what it has become. A year, a few controversies and 3 writers later and we have a team of young minds exploring UNH one day at a time. Since adding the new writers a few people have expressed concern over who wrote what - even though it lists the author below the post - so each post will now list the author(s) at the top. The reason for the pluralization of "authors" is because we hope to have a few collaborations now and again thanks to our weekly writers meetings, (shits getting official) which may or may not involve outside influences or sources to boost our creativity.

My first thought is that I am very excited for tomorrow's TNH. I was informed that there should be an article looking into the David Severn library situation. Hopefully we can find out if this was a mutual decision and if he will receive retirement benefits.

I think that Friday morning will suck. Back-to-back exams means no Thirsty Thursday for me. I guess I'll have to make up for it this weekend. Oh, well...

I think that people need to stop complaining about the MGMT show and that it is in the field house. The Whit is unavailable due to renovations and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Also, SCOPE is planning another spring show and I have a feeling it will be a rap show due to all that hate thrown their way so be patient. Also, what's up with people saying nobody likes MGMT? They sold out in four hours and play sold-out shows around the world. Yeah, they suck... Stop being ignorant, everyone has different tastes in music so your opinion isn't "right" and neither is mine. When they bring rap people bitch and when they don't people bitch, so at least they are pleasing more people instead of those who only like rap.

I think that the new sign outside HoCo that says "No shoes, No shirt, No Service" is the polite way of saying "No hippies, No tools."

I think that UNH should consider offering a bus to the beach on nice days. If it was a weather conditional service it would definitely be used. They could even charge like a dollar or two for the ride. It could be a service offered on a handful of Friday/Saturday/Sundays each spring semester.

I also think that this is the craziest music video ever. It made me laugh harder than anything I've seen in a while:


Stay classy, not UMassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment